Thursday, December 16, 2010

4 Years Old? How did that Happen?

Can someone tell me how the little toddler that walked into my house that seems like just yesterday is now 4 years old? How did that happen? No really...how did that happen? I had a moment the night before his birthday where I cried and cried about him growing up but then I was done. Part of me wants him to stay little but I also am excited to see the man he will become someday.

He has come so far since the day he walked into my life and has made me so proud. I mean from a child that would not talk to a child that will not stop talking, he now can write his name, though he refuses, he can count, he knows his colors and shapes, etc. He is a very smart little boy and I am just so proud of him.

2 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    I have truly enjoyed hearing about all the "Elijah" stories and seeing how happy you and he are together. I absolutely love his visits at work and seeing smiling pictures of Elijah. You both are very fortunate to have each other. Enjoy these wonderful years together--which I know you are.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barb. I love sharing him with you because I can tell that you truly care.

    ReplyDelete