Tuesday, December 28, 2010

One year since he is a Probst...

On December 22nd Elijah and I celebrated his adoption day. Last year on that day, we walked into the Milwaukee County Court house and he legally became my son. I felt like he was my son all along, but I sure felt like a weight was being lifted off of me that day since I knew I was not going to have to worry about him being taken from me.

We talked about why it was a special day, and he knows that it is the day that the judge said that he gets to stay with mommy forever.

Don't mind my eyes in the picture below. I had been crying...tears of joy of course! :)

2 comments:

  1. What a joyous day that was! Melissa, I feel priviledged to have been one of the few in attendance the day Elijah legally became your son. It continues to be a joy watching you evolve as an incredible mother to such a bright, loving and special child.

    Elijah has brought so much joy to your father's and my world. We are both grateful to you for bringing him into our lives and for giving him such a healthy, wholesome and loving home.

    My hat is off to you, dear lady. Wishing you both a healthy, happy, peaceful and love-filled 2011!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen. It was a great day. You have been such a wonderful help too! You don't realize what a help you have been!

    ReplyDelete